Sunday, November 23, 2008

Aloha from Homedale!

Welcome to our first post! I have finally joined all you cool moms that keep such impressive blogs! I hope that this one will be at least partially as fun and entertaining as some of yours, but if not, at least you'll get to see cute pictures of the girls!
I write this on a night like any other around here. I sit trying to get my mommy-brain working while dealing with important bedtime issues, like putting enough light in the girls' room for Aly ("MOMMY! it's dark AND scary!") and no light on Kary's side of the room ("MOMMY! hot in eyes!" meaning light is in her eyes. Or another favorite bedtime ritual of "Kary keeps waking me!" "How'd she wake you?" "I turned the light on and she cried!!" Sigh. So I am attempting to ignore a new one tonight where Kary screams "POOP!" until I rush in there to see if she has to go to the bathroom and Aly says "she wants cereal, mom." Double sigh. Is it morning yet?????
Meanwhile, Ian is out saving the world, one stupid driver at a time. The fog is super thick around here now and the temperature didn't get above 27 degrees today. The last I heard, he was out trying to find a truck and horse trailer that was driving without lights. If Ian finds it, he'll probably give them one of his famous D.W.S. tickets. (Driving While Stupid.) I rode along with him last week for a few hours (to get some piece and quiet!), and am happy to report that I survived and didn't even scream during the 90mph chase down a back road by Notus. And, no, we didn't catch who we were chasing. In fact, we couldn't find them. At all.... But it was still pretty fun! I do have one rule for Ian while he's working without me, and that is that he's not allowed to go faster than 25mph. So he'll be telling some story "and then I got this call, so I flipped around and went tearing down the highway... um, going 25mph of course." Sure, hon. Sure.

3 comments:

melyssa said...

hey, you forgot to talk about how wonderifous your big sister is! Is that a separate post somewhere...not enough room to write it all down?

Laryssa said...

oh, and i have a super-duper-awesome-oh-so-cool sister named Laryssa's Sister.

AerBrook said...

Very cute betime dialogue. I'm listening to similar stuff over the baby monitor at this very moment. And Lane has the same pjs as Aly! Those are two cute girls, fo sho.